Monday, November 19, 2012

Merlin

I really enjoyed this adaptation of the legend of Arthur, though some things I found interesting were the differences between the original legends and this show. The first thing I found interesting was the fact that Lancelot and Elaine are actually together, and seem to be in love. Another interesting fact was that Galahad was just a child when Merlin goes to meet Lancelot at the Joyous Gard and he never becomes a knight of the Round Table, therefore the Holy Grail is never found. Another interesting thing was that they combined the Elaine's, from what we see we know the Elaine in this show to be the mother of Galahad, but when she finds out about Lancelot's betrayal with the Queen she dies in the same fashion of Elaine the Lily Maid of Astolat. One final thing I noticed was the fact that Merlin does not get trapped within the cave at the end of the show, rather Nimune does, which is completely opposite of how the tale originally went. Overall the show was very good and interesting, and as everyone who writes or depicts the legends we've been reading they change some of the small details of the text.

1 comment:

  1. I also found it interesting how Arthur defeated Lot, and that Gawaine was going to fight against his own father. Mordred's character was definitely portrayed in an eviler light then in Mallory.

    ReplyDelete